Product Design EngineerGraham Architectural Products
Graham Architectural Products is America’s premier architectural window manufacturer. We manufacture and supply windows of classic beauty and substance for buildings of stature. In order to maintain our leadership position in the industry we employ individuals who work safely, efficiently, and continuously focus on quality.
The Product Design Engineer is responsible to develop product designs in accordance with product specifications and optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with quality standards; recommend and facilitate manufacturing improvements to production processes, methods, and controls; and provide design engineering support for external and internal customers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare and maintain detailed product layout drawings, bills of material, and related fabrication and components drawings.
- Review, create, and maintain product sales drawings/information for sales and estimating.
- Coordinate product testing and evaluation to specification and industry standards.
- Facilitate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including training team members and evaluating results.
- Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing/production capabilities, and other considerations to facilitate new product launch.
- Confer with sales and marketing planning staff concerning new/revised product design requirements to develop and deliver efficient, innovative product design and methods.
- Provide design engineering support for the design, development, testing, sourcing and cost-justification of various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Confer with vendors on new products and technology for adaptation into product lines.
- Consult with architects, sales, and dealers on product and installation methods.
- Work with manufacturing/production and quality to implement DFM initiatives.
- Provide design engineering support on cross-functional teams.
Our preferred search is for someone with a B.S. in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, a minimum of 5 years’ related experience is required – this includes Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques, DFM design, CAD/CAM and CNC proficiency, AutoCAD and 3D CAD modeling software, machine tooling design and molding processes, project specific window and fenestration systems design, and knowledge of various window and fenestration assembly and installation techniques. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required for the ability to work with internal customers, vendors, external customers, architects, and consultants. Expert knowledge of AAMA, ASTM, and NFRC standards and procedures is a plus.
Graham offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. If you are interested in becoming an integral part of our team, please send your resume along with a cover letter stating your salary requirements to: email@example.com. Graham Architectural Products is an equal opportunity employer (EOE M/F/D/V), is committed to diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply. No relocation package. No phone calls please.