Software System ManagerGraham Architectural Products
Graham Architectural Products, one of the companies of The Graham Group, headquartered in York, Pennsylvania, has an immediate opening for a Software System Manager. The V6 software is a configurator software system used to quote, engineer, and communicate assembly instructions to the manufacturing team.
Graham Architectural Products (“GAP”) (http://www.grahamwindows.com ) is America’s premier architectural window manufacturer and has long been known for its engineering expertise and accurate reproductions of historical windows. Today, Graham provides a diverse mix of architectural grade window and door products serving all facets of the industry. From historical window systems to European style products focusing on thermal performance, Graham is a market leader and innovator within the fenestration industry.
Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering and Design, this position will be responsible for the management of our V6 software and a team of 3 people who are responsible for maintenance, modifications and updates to the software. In addition, we are currently going through a V6 software upgrade and the successful individual will act as a key member of the project team responsible for the oversight and implementation execution for the upgrade project. Design, development testing, and deployment of the software are the immediate needs of this position. Managing department employees, ability to exhibit high levels of self-sufficiency, effective motivational leadership skills, collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams, and to provide project delivery in a timely manner within the established project budget will be an ongoing focus once the implementation is completed.
Additional priorities include:
- Ensuring project optimization and execution through effective resource planning and task assignment.
- Leading critical project governance activities including facilitating project meetings, schedule tracking, budgetary spend, and recordkeeping.
- Reviewing output of development team to assure design standards and consistency are maintained.
- Proactively managing changes in project scope, identifying potential crises and devising contingency plans.
- Developing and delivering effective communication of project status, issues, risks, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Ability to interpret technical, architectural and mechanical drawings.
- Effective problem solving, negotiation, and decision making skills to influence management as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent time management, task prioritization, written and oral communication and documentation skills.
This position requires a bachelor degree with focus in an analytical area of study, e.g. information technology, mathematics, or engineering; or equivalent successful experience in a documentation/engineering process environment. General configuration experience is required; experience in Soft Tech V6 would be a plus. Proven managerial experience is required.
Graham Architectural Products offers an attractive salary and extensive employee benefits package which includes 401k, pension plan, and healthcare programs. If you are interested in becoming an integral part of our Graham leadership team, send your resume along with a cover letter stating your salary requirements to: email@example.com. Graham Architectural Products is an equal opportunity employer (EOE M/F/D/V), is committed to diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply. No phone calls please.